About Krystine Alaina, Image Consultant and Wardrobe Stylist
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by to learn more about who I am and what I do. I’m Krystine and I’m a Southern California based Personal Stylist (in-person and virtually using Hue & Stripe’s platform) and Image Consultant. I also serve as a Creative Director for photo shoots when requested. This website and blog is my way of speaking to many people at once. I get asked all sorts of style questions by people that I know on a daily basis so why not compile it all in an easy-to-read, centralized location? Anyway, here’s a little more about my professional background:
- Over 10 years in the retail and wholesale Apparel industry performing roles including Sales Associate, Visual Merchandiser, and currently, Merchandise Planner.
- Started styling clients in 2008 after graduation from FIDM Los Angeles with a degree in Apparel Manufacturing Management (now called Apparel Industry Management).
- Possess relationships with retail buyers from stores including Amazon.com, Kohl’s, JCPenney and Beall’s.
- Actively employed in the apparel industry; current knowledge of trends.
What does all of that mean? Long story short, it means I have a complete knowledge of the apparel industry lifecycle and I possess insider knowledge of how various retail stores operate, which gives me the upper hand in knowing if I am getting great deals on product. I have a full understanding of garment fit and construction and I use all of that to help my clients purchase quality garments for cheap prices.
OK, we know WHAT you do….so WHO are you?
I am a wife, mother, a sister, a friend, an entrepreneur, a dreamer, a Believer, but most of all, I am a WOMAN. I’m a size 16 (not ashamed!), I rock my natural hair, and I am a firm believer in flats. Don’t get me wrong – I love a good high heel. But I love a cute flat even more! Get to know me:
- I’m a foodie. No, seriously.
- I’m not a “fashion” blogger, I’m a style blogger. Couture is nice to look at but I’m more interested in helping people learn how to express their personality through clothing without breaking the bank.
- My motto is “no excuses.” My mantra is “figure it out.”
- I’m sort of a nerd. I find HTML coding exhilarating and I’ve played both The Sims and Tomb Raider faithfully since their releases.
- I’m extremely down-to-earth. Don’t let my face fool you! It’s a family trait.
- My mom is my best friend. I don’t care if it’s corny! (She’s still Mom though…don’t get it twisted!)
- I love getting lost in a book. Nothing better.
- Honestly, all I really want to do in life is help people.
I hope that gives you a better understanding of who I am and what I stand for! As always, if you have more questions for me, please don’t hesitate to contact me.